Do you already know about our Hostel Card Premium? This is Swiss Youth Hostels’ annual membership, which offers you numerous member benefits. Here are the top ten benefits at a glance.
1. Stay overnight for less
With the Hostel Card Premium you get a reduction of CHF 7 per night at all our youth hostels. Children’s prices are excluded (see point 9).
The Hostel Card from another national association also helps you to get reduced prices for overnight stays with us.
2. Leisure activities at low prices
There is much to discover in every part of Switzerland. To ensure you have a fun stay with us, as a member of Swiss Youth Hostels you benefit from discounts on numerous leisure activities.
Depending on the region, you can use the wellness facilities, go swimming, bowling, surfing, river rafting, go to the ski school or to the adventure park for less. And even the Kulturfabrik Kofmehl in Solothurn reduces the admission fee for parties by 50% when you show your Hostel Card Premium.
3. Become part of the community!
By becoming a member of Swiss Youth Hostels, you help promote family-friendly and ecological social tourism in Switzerland.
This is entirely in keeping with our philosophy as a non-profit organisation. We’d be delighted if you would join us in actively shaping the future and in promoting sustainable and social travel.
4. Special means of transport for a low price
When you stay at Lucerne Youth Hostel, you enjoy a discount on trips with the Panorama Yacht.
For members, Monte Brè near Lugano even offers a 50% discount on rides with the Funicolare as well as other exciting activities. Ask at the Lugano Youth Hostel reception desk.
5. National partnerships
In order to offer you the most varied benefits possible, we are constantly expanding our partner network. You can count on special discounts throughout Switzerland with the Hostel Card Premium:
- Discounted admission to Lindt – Home of Chocolate
- Discounts on selected supplementary insurances with CSS
- Discounted Linguista language stays
- The first subscription to SwitzerlandMobility Plus is CHF 15 cheaper in the first year
- Reduced admission to Alpamare for up to three accompanying persons
- Reduced hire price for sportswear at Outdoor Service
- 10% discount in all Transa shops
6. Free community events
• Next year, we’ve invited three particularly inspiring people to a community event each, so they can share their personal stories with you. As a member you get a free ticket (on registration), while non-members pay CHF 15 admission.
• “VON WEGEN” – A READING WITH CHRISTINA RAGETTLI
(Zurich Youth Hostel on Thursday 19 January 2023)
• EXPERIENCES OF AN ADVENTURE TRIP WITH TOBIAS RENGGLI
(A travel talk at Zurich Youth Hostel on Thursday 16 March 2023)
• SUCCESS OR FULFILMENT? A TALK BY TANJA FRIEDEN
(A presentation on self-motivation at Interlaken Youth Hostel on Thursday 22 June 2023)
7. Discount on accommodation with Hostelling International
Swiss Youth Hostels membership is valid worldwide at the association’s youth hostels. The Hostel Card Premium gives you a 10% discount on accommodation abroad (within the Hostelling International network).
The network stretches from Paris to Sydney, Amsterdam, New York, London, Quebec, Stuttgart and Berlin and has a place for all adventurers.
8. Further benefits abroad
As an HI member, you get access to various travel benefits and activities abroad. For example, save 10% on the price of your next city tour with Get Your Guide or get cheap travel insurance from World Nomads. All benefit packages are listed on the Hostelling International website.
9. The right membership for everyone
No two phases of life are the same – and we want to take that into account. That’s why we don’t just offer one membership, but several different ones.
- Junior (CHF 22): For persons up to 18 years of age.
- Young Traveller (CHF 25): For all world conquerors from the age of 18 and up to the age of 26.
- Adult (CHF 33): Membership for persons from 18 years of age until Swiss retirement age.
- Family (CHF 44): Family memberships are available for a father and/or mother with their own children (up to 18 years). Partners and children receive a personal Hostel Card Premium free of charge.
- Group, personal (CHF 55): The Hostel Card Premium for groups is non-transferable and personal. (Group leaders must be at least 18 years old). Valid for groups of 10 or more persons. If desired, additional free adult, senior or family membership.
- Group, impersonal (CHF 99): The Hostel Card Premium for groups is transferable (group leaders must be at least 18 years old). Valid for schools/institutions/associations from 10 persons. Up to three additional cards are possible in addition to the main card.
- Senior (CHF 22): Membership for women aged 64 and over and men aged 65 and over. Grandchildren up to the age of 18 can be taken along without their own paid membership.
These hostel cards can be ordered in the shop. Digital membership can be obtained directly via the Swiss Youth Hostel app.
10. Culture doesn’t have to be expensive
Museums and theatres take you on fascinating journeys into the past or into fantasy worlds. The best thing to do is to ask at the youth hostel where you can benefit from reductions on admission prices – or take your time to browse through our overview of member and guest benefits.
Leave a Reply